10 July 2012

10 July 2012 - Rachel Platten - 1,000 Ships

Every so often I turn my radio dial (OK, not really, I push the preset button) to the "adult alternative/pop" station. You know the type of station, it plays P!nk, Kelly Clarkson, Gotye, Adele, Avril etc. For a while I kept hearing today's song, but could never figure out who sang it. Seemed I was always driving when it came on and I'm not coordinated enough to drive my pick-up truck and use the Soundhound app on my phone at the same time (hell, I can barely walk and use my phone at the same time, but that's another story).

UNNECESSARY RANT ALERT: Seriously, what is it about pop radio where they refuse to tell you who sang the song unless it's like the hugest song on the planet...yeah, we all know that was just Adele...who hasn't heard Rolling in the Deep? UNNECESSARY RANT OVER

Anyway, one day I was finally lucky enough to be in a parking lot when the song came on and I finally found out who sang it. Oddly enough, it was one of the $5 deals at Amazon that month so I was able to pick it up for cheap. Good record.

No comments:

Post a Comment