13 May 2012

13 May 2012 - She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here

Today, we celebrate the start of Upfronts Week - the time of year when television networks all take turns and announce their new fall schedules.

It was a year ago this week that Fox had their 2011-2012 upfront, and announced that they would be featuring all sorts of new shows.  One of these shows was a new comedy named New Girl, which would star Zooey Deschanel.  It always bothered me that Emily Deschanel had her own show, but not Zooey.  I've been a fan of hers for years, at least since she did that movie with Jennifer Aniston and stole the show, and definitely since the woefully underrated Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, when she was the only non-British actor in the movie and stole the show.  Now, I didn't have to be bothered anymore.

The Good Girl.  That's what the movie was called.  I had to look that up.  It wasn't a great movie.  It was a movie with a great performance.

New Girl ended up being a hit, and with good reason - it's fun and smart and clever and great to watch. Because of the success of New Girl, Zooey's band, She & Him, has gotten a little more attention. That's a good thing.  They're fun and smart and clever and great to listen to.


Disclaimer: Bones is an excellent and entertaining show.  I have nothing against Emily Deschanel, who is a fine actress and who I hope is having an excellent Mother's Day.\

Update: There's a 2nd video!!!!  Also official.



Update: I just felt like adding another version of this song.  It's my blog, so I can do that. It's such an earworm, I feel like everyone should hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment