19 February 2012

19 February 2012 - Sunny Sweeney - If I Could / Kasey Chambers - Goin' Fishin'

Speed country!

This song, a cover of a country classic, is brilliantly covered by Ms. Sunny Sweeney.  This was an early single of hers, and she has gone onto a great career. Great singles, great albums, and it all started with this great single.




And, at about the same time I heard this great single, I happened to be listening to Mountain Stage, which, for those who are not aware, is a weekly radio show, taped in West Virginia, showcasing live music.  The first artist on this episode was the fabulous Australian country star Kasey Chambers.  Her last song?


Let me end any suspense - it's the same song.

I couldn't decide which version I like better.  They are similar, but distinct.  Sunny's is much quicker, but Kasey's is grittier.  They are both terrific artists, with several albums I could easily recommend.  So, I'd like to know - which do you prefer?  Please, let us know in the comments!

Which Version Do You Prefer?

2 comments:

  1. As you know, I'm a HUGE Sunny Sweeney fan. Concrete was my third favorite record of last year (just behind TWO-TIME Grammy winner The Civil Wars and Miranda Lambert). I actually just got into Kasey Chambers after her album from last year. Got a couple more records since. Great voice. Those Aussies do country well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seemed to love that Miranda Lambert. And yes, I do know that you are a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete